Brisbane Maritime Museum – Video Blog
The Brisbane Maritime Museum is a must-do excursion.
Like most teenage boys, Ryan has limited interests. To find an activity or place which he is highly engaged in his surroundings is a rare occurrence.
The Maritime Museum was a fantastic experience.
I found he was keen to ask a lot of questions and paid a lot of attention to the detail on the information boards throughout the museum.
The museum is home to Jessica Watsons boat, Ella’s Pink Lady.
The Pink Lady is part of sailing history after Queenslander Jessica Watson made history as the youngest person to sail solo and unassisted around the world in 2009/10.
Brisbane Maritime Museum – Quick Facts:
- One of Australia’s largest maritime museums
- Home to BIG exhibits such as the warship Diamantina and the lugger Penguin.
- Founded in 1971 and is run by a self-funded voluntary Association.
- Extensive collections of historical maritime artifacts, books, documents and photographs.
- Includes Lighthouses, Ship Models, Marine Engines, Vessels, and the Dry Dock.
We explored the warship “Diamantina” which is the most exciting part of the Brisbane Maritime Museum.
Mon-Sun 9.30am to 4.30pm
(last entry 3.30pm)
Closed 24-26 December and Easter Friday.
ANZAC Day – reduced trading hours.
To find out more visit the WEBSITE